Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman 2012 Movie Review

Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Snow White and The Huntsman, Chris Hemsworth, Snow White, Mirror, Sam Claflin, Huntsman

Just got a copy of the Movie Snow White and the Huntsman. I have big expectations on this movie since the previous Snow White movie I saw, which was Mirror Mirror was kinda a let down for me although my little girl love it. 

Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Snow White and The Huntsman, Chris Hemsworth, Snow White, Mirror, Sam Claflin, Huntsman

Its great to see Kristen Stewart not playing a vampire, but her blank face of an expression still bothers me. But she does look the fairest of them all though, and having to see her fight was a welcome sight for me, than having to be saved a lot in Twilight.

Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Snow White and The Huntsman, Chris Hemsworth, Snow White, Mirror, Sam Claflin, Huntsman

Chris Hemsworth better know as Thor, plays a widower who in the end becomes Snow White protector. Hensworth or the Huntsman in these movie has more fight scene compared to the prince aka prince charming played by Sam Claflin. To tell you frankly I hardly notice the prince in the movie, or better yet the movie could have just the Huntsman as Snow White's protector and have no prince at all, since the all mighty and powerful kiss came from the Huntsman.


The best of the cast for me was the lovely and sexy Charlize Theron as the evil queen. She was in the movie a real b*tch. Never have I seen a more frightening, more convincing evil queen. Her murderous stare makes Julia Roberts adaptation of the evil queen quiver in fear.

Ohh and in case I forgot, in the movie there were EIGHT dwarfs not the seven in the Walt Disney movie, and yes they are not real life dwarf, they are full grown actors made small by the power of CGI effects. 

And can someone explain to me the whole milk bath thing with the evil queen hehehe, must be some kind of a beauty regimen.

Snow White and the Huntsman for me was a great movie compared to Mirror Mirror, but the best would still be the animated version of Walt Disney. A nice movie to buy a copy on your video store or online.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I meant to see it when it was in theaters since I love Charlize Theron, but I never got the chance. One of my Dish co-workers even told me it’s her favorite movie of this whole year. I’m adding it to my Blockbuster @ Home queue through my Dish account so I can watch it this weekend. I love being able to have DVDs sent right to my apartment! I’ll have to make sure I pick up some popcorn too. No movie night is complete with out it. :)

    ReplyDelete